A & P MechanicApply Job ID 41084 Date posted 06/16/2021
Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of aircraft systems, structures, and engines.
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled, or special inspections in compliance with regulatory authorities and industry standards.
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance and repairs on aircraft, engines, and a variety of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic components and accessories such as propellers, starters, generators, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, actuators, wheels, tires, and brakes.
- Troubleshoot and perform structural repairs to airframes, including sheet metal work, riveting, patching, and fiberglass/composite work.
- Perform system troubleshooting and operational and functional checks; service oil, fuel, and hydraulic systems; provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing; inspect and repair pitot static systems and battery services.
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions.
- Remove and install aircraft components. Install optional or added equipment to aircraft.
- Perform aircraft engine run and taxi, as qualified, to test system performance. Participate in maintenance test flights for system performance, troubleshooting, and alignment.
- Understand the operation of various airframe and power plant systems.
- Ensure the calibration of all shop test equipment is accurate by using shop calibration records and procedures and report discrepancies to management.
- Assist and train other technicians in repair of systems, structures, and engines when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, duty, or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Regularly walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Frequently sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Read and comprehend safety rules, instructions, and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Perform simple math calculations and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus practical knowledge of basic airframe and engine repair.
- Previous experience with general aviation or Corporate jet aircraft preferred.
- Must have a valid A&P License.
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License.
- Must have basic computer literacy.
- Must provide all tools necessary to perform essential job functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet