A & P Mechanic- Up to $5,000 Sign On BonusApply Job ID 42125 Date posted 08/25/2021
- Salary range based on experience.
- Medical insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance.
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday).
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Health Care Spending Account (HSA).
- Uniforms provided.
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- Opportunity to participate in employer-paid training courses.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Inspects, repairs, overhauls, upgrades, cleans, paints aircraft and provides for the general and routine maintenance, in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations and aircraft manufacturer's recommendations.
- Maintains detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
- Conducts periodic routine inspections for the purpose of ensuring continued safety and proper working condition of flight equipment.
- Prepares, inventories, and records aircraft parts and components in order to prevent corrosion, failure and misuse
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, electricity charts, and instructional manuals.
- Ensures proper use, maintenance, care, and accounting of materials, tools and equipment.
- Complies with company policy and procedures as contained in company manual
- Some travel may be required to repair aircraft at stations other than the maintenance base
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant licenses
- Basic mechanic tools
- Valid Driver's License.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Excellent communication skills.
- DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check.
- Acute vision and hearing to detect problems and conduct inspections.
- Frequent walking, stretching, bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform service operations in extreme temperatures and inclement weather.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate hand and power tools.